Friday, March 09, 2012

View

I have a view of the Trinity River greenbelt. I can see the blinking red radio towers of Dallas, and the floodlit spire of the University of Dallas. Across the street is one of those office strips, empty space with tinted black glass windows. An aluminum pole with a fluorescent bulb illuminates the parking lot. When I moved in, the roof above my balcony had a small wasp nest, probably evacuated since the fall. The weather has turned cold dropping into the 50s. I can watch flights make their slow approach to DFW airport to my northwest. Restaurants and bars fill my neighborhood. Tow trucks circle the parking lot looking for people without permits, club-goers who can't park in the full lot up the street. Their weekend will start to suck, sometime around closing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home