Thursday, October 05, 2006

...and new Undisputed Featherweight Champion!

About, two months ago I was diagnosed with cancer. Now, two months, one surgery, numerous chemotherapy and radiation treatments later, I have achieved my ideal weight of 122 lbs. I can go to the boxing world, and challenge Marco Antonio Barrera at 126 lbs. for the world featherweight title. I’ve always known I can beat Barrera, it was only a matter of making weight. Now I have achieved my goal, thanks to a lack of appetite and pain while eating. With my superior height advantage and longer reach, Barrera will find it difficult, nigh on impossible, to get inside and throw his trademark left hook. Any boxing analyst can see that this is a complete mismatch. I figure, after feeding Barrera a steady diet of jabs, I can begin to talk smack, you know, get in his head. That’s when I expect him to take desperate gambles, swinging wildly. That’s when I plan to put him away. I can’t say what exact punch combination it will be, perhaps a left jab followed by a vicious right uppercut, but it will be deadly. Adios muchachos.

Some may argue that Barrera, being a seasoned professional, with over 60 professional bouts and victories over numerous world champions, would be the favorite over myself, who has never had a professional bout or a serious sandlot fight after school in first through twelfth grades. They are, of course, overlooking the total lack of preparation this gives Barrera for my completely unorthodox style. Naturally, since I usually weigh more, I will have a large strength advantage. It is only a matter of time now before I am the undisputed 9 stone, 126 pound, featherweight champion of the world. Mark it down as a given.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home